Business Valuation Manager Job Description
Business Valuation Manager
Determining the fair market value of any healthcare business requires in-depth knowledge and experience with the critical financial, operational, and legal issues that impact value. VMG’s unique combination of valuation and healthcare expertise sets us apart, allowing us to perform more than 500 healthcare valuations each year throughout the U.S.
Qualified candidates will view themselves as having superior leadership and technical skills, excellent project management and communication skills, as well as a sense of urgency and drive to help the company service its clients. Managers will work on a variety of healthcare engagements. These include business and securities valuations, mergers and acquisitions, restructurings and reorganizations, strategic consulting engagements, partnership structuring, bankruptcy and a variety of other services.
Essential duties include the following:
- Be responsible for assisting clients with their valuation and strategic needs
- Mentor / develop staff
- Assist in developing new lines of business and infrastructure
- Manage and execute the full range of valuation work including:
- Initial evaluations, scope, budgeting and resource management
- Valuation modeling
- Critical decision making
- Status updates with the client
- Report writing
- Follow-up communications
- Ensure that client projects are executed in a timely fashion and that client expectations are exceeded
- Follow standards for quality/consistency and bring a disciplined approach to the business
- An understanding of the current healthcare environment and fair market value regulatory considerations will be important for this position.
Required Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor of Business Administration with course work in Accounting and Finance.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in healthcare industry or in valuation.
- Chartered Financial Analyst designation, American Society of Appraisers designation, Masters of Business Administration, or Certified Public Accountant certification preferred.
- Results Orientation: Strong track record of delivery with strong reputation to meet clients’ needs with great attention to detail.
- Personal Motivation: An ambitious and entrepreneurial individual who excels in fast-paced environments and has the ability to manage multiple engagements at once.
- Ability to develop creative approaches and the solutions necessary to resolve complex problems.