Business Valuation Analyst/Senior Analyst Job Description
New financial analysts will spend their first years working as a generalist on a variety of healthcare engagements. These include business and securities valuations, mergers and acquisitions, restructurings and reorganizations, strategic consulting engagements, partnership structuring, bankruptcy and a variety of other services. The environment is aggressive and entrepreneurial and, as such, rewards financial analysts with substantial responsibility and interaction with senior level professionals and clients. Each employee at VMG Health is expected to help grow the business and teamwork; creativity and new ideas are strongly encouraged. Primary responsibilities will be client financial analysis, financial modeling, due diligence, report writing, and supporting senior level staff.
Essential duties include the following:
- Gather information and data such as, but not limited to, financial statements, earnings reports, contracts, operational reports and any other data or information required to thoroughly provide the contracted product to the client.
- Keep projects running on schedule by interrogating the data immediately to determine if adequate and usable to perform the contracted product.
- Perform various financial analyses, financial modeling, due diligence and report writing.
- Review own work and that of teammates to ensure quality of product.
- Participate in client conference calls and site visits.
- Actively pursue continuing education and certifications such as CFA, Certified Public Accounting, American Society of Appraisers, etc.
Required Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor of Business Administration with course work in Accounting and Finance.
- Strong knowledge of accounting and financial theory
- Financial modeling experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- Must be authorized to live and work permanently in the United States