Jason Ruchaber, CFA, ASA | Managing Director
Jason Ruchaber is a managing director in VMG Health’s Business Valuation Division and leads the company’s Denver office, where he provides healthcare valuation and financial advisory services to clients nationally. He specializes in healthcare valuation engagements involving mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, partnership transactions, intellectual property arrangements and commercial damages. As a healthcare financial advisory expert with nearly 20 years of experience, he is frequently called upon as a trusted advisor to health system executives, physicians, health lawyers, compliance officers and investors. Mr. Ruchaber is a frequent speaker, author and instructor on healthcare valuation topics and is an active member of several professional and trade organizations.
Ruchaber is an Accredited Senior Appraiser (ASA) with the American Society of Appraisers, where he also previously served as a faculty member of the Healthcare Special Interest Group. He also holds the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation and earned his bachelor’s degree in Finance from University of Texas at Austin. Jason is a member of the Medical Group Management Association (“MGMA”), Healthcare Financial Management Association (“HFMA”), American Health Lawyers Association (“AHLA”) and the Ambulatory Surgery Center Association (“ASCA”).
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATIONS
- University of Texas at Austin, Bachelors of Business Administration (concentration Finance), 1997
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), CFA Institute, 2003
- Accredited Senior Appraiser (ASA) in business Valuation, American Society of Appraisers, 2005
- Cooper Clinic, P.A. vs. Sisters of Mercy Health System, St. Louis n/k/a Mercy Health, et al, Circuit Court of Sebastian County, Arkansas, Fort Smith Division, Case No. CV 2013-766(I), 2017 (defendant, Kutak Rock)
- Smart Insurance Co. vs. Benecard Services, Inc., U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York, Case 1:15-cv-04384, 2016 (defendant, DLA Piper)
- Michael A. Crocker, M.D. vs. Greater Colorado Anesthesia, P.C. et al., District Court, Denver, State of Colorado, Case No. 14CV34512, 2016 (defendant, Holland and Knight)
- Promedica Central Physicians, LLC vs. Susan M. Federman, MD, Court of Common Pleas, Lucas County, Ohio, Case No. CI 0201303919, 2013 (plaintiff, Cooper & Kowalski)
- County of Catawba, D/B/A Catawba Valley Medical Center vs. Frye Regional Medical Center and Tate Surgery Center, LLC and Viewmont Surgery Center, LLC, North Carolina General Court of Justice, Case No. 12 CvS 2780, 2013 (defendant, Bode Hemphill)
- Hester v. Hester, Hawaii State Court, Case No. FC-03-1-0331, 2004 (plaintiff, Rezents/Crowley)