Analyst / Senior Analyst – Compensation Arrangements
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
VMG Health is expanding, and we are looking for a motivated Analyst or Senior Analyst to work within our Physician Compensation Arrangements Service Line in our Dallas or Minneapolis office.
VMG Health is the healthcare industry’s leading provider of compensation valuation services, having issued over 5,500 fair market value opinions in the last four years alone. The firm has been recognized by top healthcare providers and investors as the most trusted valuation and transaction advisor in the United States. The team is highly specialized and is routinely asked by clients to consult on the most challenging and complex arrangements, including pay for performance and stacked compensation models. Historically, compensation plan design and valuation have been siloed, but clients are increasingly seeking design support that puts fair market value at the center of the approach.
This is an opportunity to join a growing, nationally recognized firm that offers a unique understanding of the relationships, requirements, and business issues that surround today’s healthcare companies. You will be working with national industry experts in a firm that values life-work balance, while having exceptional growth and upward advancement potential.
- Assist in determining the methodology for compensation design engagements that incorporates FMV criteria early, while providing the flexibility and creativity to help clients achieve their strategic and financial goals.
- Gather information and data such as, but not limited to, financial statements, earnings reports, contracts, operational reports and any other data or information required to thoroughly provide the contracted product to the client.
- Perform various financial analyses, financial models, due diligence and report writing. Review own work and that of teammates to ensure quality of product.
- Participate on calls and site visits as necessary and determined by supervisors.
- Keep all team members informed of project progress, and keep all projects and deliverables on the time schedule established with the client. Immediately inform supervisor if circumstances arise to impede or jeopardize that timeline.
- For Senior Analysts, oversee Analyst workload and progression, including project timeline management and client communication.
- Actively pursue continuing education and certifications such as Certified Financial Analyst (CFA), American Society of Appraisers (ASA), Certified Public Accounting (CPA), Certified Valuation Analyst (CFA), etc.
- Participate in authoring or co-authoring articles and/or presentations on compensation arrangements.
- Desire to become a thought leader within the industry by helping to author white papers and/or speeches to be presented at key industry conferences.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field (strong performance in accounting, economics, finance or related field preferred).
- Background or prior experience in financial theory, modeling, and project management.
- Experience in administration or valuation of physician and advanced practice provider (APP) compensation arrangements is preferred.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly in Excel.
- Must be authorized to live and work permanently in the United States.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision. Attention to detail and able to review own work and that of peers and teammates.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Superior communication skills, both oral and written. Ability to present ideas in a business-friendly language and tailor communications, formal or informal, to the audience. Ability to build consensus both internally and externally.
- Client-oriented work ethic and excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to build and manage relationships with key clients to ensure the success of each engagement.
- Excellent collaboration and team orientation skills.
- Desire to contribute thought leadership to engagements and organizational knowledge to continually improve work products and enhance value, while working with a variety of personalities at all levels, both internally and externally.
- Tenacity, intellectual curiosity, and the drive for continuous improvement, while working with a variety of personalities at all levels, both internally and externally.
For additional information, please reference our website or email Kathy Neumuller at firstname.lastname@example.org.