- About Us
- Our Clients
- Valuation & Transactions
- Strategy & Advisory
- Coding & Compliance
- Healthcare Sectors
- Ambulatory Surgery Centers
- Behavioral Health
- Hospital-Based Medicine
- Imaging & Radiology
- Medical Device & Life Sciences
- Medical Transport
- Physician Practices
- Post-Acute Care
- Risk-Bearing Organizations & Health Plans
- Telehealth & Healthcare IT
- Urgent Care & Free Standing EDs
- Contact Us
Business Valuation Financial Analyst/Senior Financial Analyst
VMG Health is currently seeking Business Valuation Analysts/Senior Analysts to join our transaction advisory consulting groups. Qualified candidates will view themselves as having superior finance, project management and communication skills. Candidates will also possess a sense of urgency and entrepreneurial attitude to help solve complex client issues.
Business Valuation Analysts/Senior Analysts will support the team with a variety of consulting engagements, a majority of which are associated with mergers and acquisitions in the healthcare industry. Primary responsibilities include financial/data analysis, financial modeling, proforma development, industry/market research, due diligence, deliverable drafting, applying valuation methodologies, and providing general project support. Analysts will be staffed on a wide array of engagements, ranging from small physician groups to large healthcare entities with billions in revenue. Analysts will work directly with senior-level VMG Health personnel and get exposure to clients that include c-suite executives of Fortune 100 healthcare companies. The position requires the ability to work efficiently, take on a great deal of responsibility quickly, and manage multiple tasks at once. Each employee at VMG Health is expected to help grow the business, and teamwork, creativity, and new ideas are strongly encouraged.
The environment at VMG Health is very team-based with a strong corporate culture. The healthcare industry accounts for 20.0% of US GDP and is projected to continue to grow. With a 25-year history and offices across the country, VMG Health has grown approximately 15% annually as a firm and currently has approximately 300 consultants. As a result, opportunities for upward mobility and professional advancement are readily available. VMG Health also encourages and pays for staff to pursue professional designations such as the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), Certified Valuation Analyst (CVA) and Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designations.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Business Administration with course work in accounting and finance. Minimum 3.25 out of 4.0 GPA overall, or 3.5 GPA in core course work.
- 1-2 years of work experience as an analyst in a valuation, advisory, consulting, FP&A, or relevant healthcare industry role.
Essential Skills and Abilities
- Strong knowledge of accounting and financial theory.
- Financial modeling experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Particularly strong experience with Microsoft Excel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to provide appropriate customer service, both internally and externally.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Attention to detail and ability to review own work, and that of peers and teammates.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Data collection: Request and organize all relevant data necessary for a specified client engagement.
- Due diligence: Investigate and present in a clear manner the nuances of an entity’s historical operations and financial performance.
- Client financial analysis: Develop meaningful insights based on historical financial statements and discussions with management.
- Valuation modeling: Perform various financial analyses, Excel-based modeling, and deliverable preparation.
- Industry research: Gather all levels of information around a particular healthcare segment, new legislation, etc.
- Client deliverables: Draft client presentations and complete valuation processes by drafting narrative reports in support of our valuation opinions.
- Project management: Keep a running schedule of priorities while managing the engagement process for multiple valuations at once.
- Communication: Provide managers and clients with concise yet comprehensive communication (both verbal and written). Be available for all requisite calls and site visits as necessary and determined by supervisors.
- Continuing education: Actively pursue continuing education and certifications such as Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), American Society of Appraisers (ASA), Certified Public Accounting (CPA), etc.
- Training: Teach resources and review the work and communication of the first and second-year analysts on their team or involved in any particular engagement.
Please email Ashley Pugh (email@example.com) with any questions.