- About Us
- Our Clients
- Valuation & Transactions
- Strategy & Advisory
- Coding & Compliance
- Healthcare Sectors
- Ambulatory Surgery Centers
- Behavioral Health
- Hospital-Based Medicine
- Imaging & Radiology
- Medical Device & Life Sciences
- Medical Transport
- Physician Practices
- Post-Acute Care
- Risk-Bearing Organizations & Health Plans
- Telehealth & Healthcare IT
- Urgent Care & Free Standing EDs
- Contact Us
Business Valuation Senior Financial Analyst
To be considered for this position, please send a resume and cover email to Kathy Neumuller at email@example.com.
Senior Analysts will support all members of their team on a variety of healthcare engagements. Primary responsibilities will be data collection, client financial analysis, financial modeling, due diligence, report writing, supporting manager, directors and managing directors as well as mentoring first and second year analysts.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following and other duties as may be assigned:
- Gather information and data such as, but not limited to, financial statements, earnings reports, legal documents and contracts, operational reports and any other data or information required to thoroughly provide the contracted product to the client. Responsible for ensuring clients do not provide any data that is governed by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, (HIPAA) and immediately informing the client of receipt of such data and destroying it.
- Keep projects running on schedule by interrogating the data immediately to determine if adequate and usable to perform the contracted product. Quickly communicate to the client that provided the information and either confirm that the information is adequate or request it in another form.
- Perform various financial analyses, financial models, due diligence and report writing. Review own work and that of teammates to ensure quality of product.
- Be available for all requisite calls and site visits as necessary and determined by supervisors.
- Keep projects and deliverables on time and schedule established with the client. Immediately inform supervisor if circumstances arise to impede or jeopardize timelines.
- Keep all team members including analysts, other senior analysts, managers, directors and managing directors informed of progress as and in the format established within the respective team.
- Actively pursue continuing education and certifications such as CFA, American Society of Appraisers, Certified Public Accounting, etc.
- Coordinate with the research and marketing departments to co-author at least 2 articles or presentations annually with a Manager, Director or Managing Director.
- Work in the office from a minimum of 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Manage projects independently, including leading client communication via phone and email; attending site visits without the need for supervision from a manager, director, or managing direct.
- Leading and leveraging resources throughout multiple engagements and training and reviewing the work and communication of the first and second year analysts on their team or involved in any particular engagement.
This is a salaried position; individual is expected to work a minimum of 40 hours per week. Employee will be eligible for an annual bonus based on performance.
Senior Analyst responsibilities progress to training and reviewing the work and communication of first and second year analysts.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor of Business Administration with course work in Accounting and Finance. Minimum 3.25 out of 4.0 GPA overall or 3.5 GPA in core course work.
Minimum of 2 years work experienced as a financial analyst in a business valuation or financial services firm or relevant healthcare industry experience.
- Strong knowledge of accounting and financial theory
- Financial modeling experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Particularly strong experience with Excel
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
The ability to provide appropriate customer service, both internally and externally, is a material part of the job.
Ability to work independently with minimum supervision. Attention to detail and able to review own work and that of peers and teammates.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid driver’s license required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk and stand. Vision requirements mirror those required by the state for a driver’s license.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
The travel demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Travel requirements are related to business opportunities with respect to frequency and scope. Travel may be up to 25% of the time.