- About Us
- Our Clients
- Valuation & Transactions
- Strategy & Advisory
- Coding & Compliance
- Thought Leadership
- Ambulatory Surgery Centers
- Behavioral Health
- Hospital-Based Medicine
- Imaging & Radiology
- Medical Device & Life Sciences
- Medical Transport
- Physician Practices
- Post-Acute Care
- Risk-Bearing Organizations & Health Plans
- Telehealth & Healthcare IT
- Urgent Care & Free Standing EDs
- Contact Us
Business Valuation Manager
To be considered for this position, please send a resume and cover email to Kathy Neumuller at email@example.com.
Managers are expected to effectively leverage and manage all members of their team on a variety of healthcare engagements. Primary responsibilities will be sourcing, scoping and managing engagements; executing deliverables; maintaining existing client relationships; forming new client relationships; communication of project status to team members and development and training of the team internally.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following and other duties as may be assigned:
- Properly scope all engagements from a size, schedule and cost perspective to ensure a profitable engagement.
- Provide timely status updates to all project team members tailoring the information to the respective level (i.e. staff or Director/Managing Director) based on their need.
- Ensure the team project tracking and status documents are updated in a timely fashion.
- Develop and implement effective engagement communication to clients and ensure compliance by all team members.
- Communicate all aspects of engagements with staff members on each of their respective engagements.
- Demonstrate and maintain a high level of understanding and competence across numerous healthcare segments.
- Ensure proper and consistent use of valuation theory in regards to problem-solving of complex healthcare arrangements.
- Uphold values of integrity, professionalism, and respect towards all clients, superiors, administrative staff, and subordinates.
- Ensure all engagements are on schedule through setting of internal deadlines and communication with team members including both staff and Director/Managing Director.
- Ensure accuracy in every phase of the valuation process from information receipt and input to client deliverables.
- Provide insight and direction to team members and the firm by participating with supervisors in training or seminars related to areas of expertise.
- Provide guidance to overall analysis and approach on each engagement as necessary to both clients and staff.
- Participate on all calls and site visits as requested by Director or Managing Director.
- Effectively communicate with clients throughout the engagement process ultimately resulting with the explanation of opinion/results of the engagement.
- Demonstrate effective administrative practices in terms of expense management and billing for services.
- Author or co-author one article for publication (internally and/or externally) annually.
- Provide feedback directly to staff and to supervisors to help manage, monitor and make suggestions on the overall personal development of each team member.
- Proactively promote the elements of VMG’s corporate culture. Define and develop activities that enhance that corporate culture.
- Have a firm understanding of all services offered by VMG and be able to effectively communicate such services to clients that results in new business opportunities.
- Participate in recruiting efforts as needed and make recommendations for hire to the Managing Director(s).
- If individual does not have a certification, actively pursue continuing education and certifications such as CFA, American Society of Appraisers, Certified Public Accounting, etc.
This is a salaried position; individual is expected to work a minimum of 40 hours per week. Employee will be eligible for an annual bonus based on performance.
Senior Analysts, Analysts, Interns and Executive Assistants
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor of Business Administration with course work in Accounting and Finance and or Master’s in Business Administration, Finance or Accounting.
In the absence of the above education requirement, supplemental education and designations may be considered through programs such as, but not limited to, the Chartered Financial Analysis (“CFA”) program, the Certified Valuation Analyst (“CVA”) program offered by the National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts (“NACVA”) and or the American Society of Appraisers (“ASA”) program.
Minimum of five years of combined business valuation or relevant healthcare industry experience with specific knowledge and application of the following valuation methodologies; discounted cash flow (DCF)/income approach, asset approach and market approach. Within business valuation experience, candidate must demonstrate understanding of value drivers within the healthcare industry and must demonstrate an active understanding of the rules and regulations affecting the healthcare industry, not limited to Stark laws and Anti-kickback statues.
- Strong knowledge of accounting, financial and valuation theory;
- Financial modeling experience; and
- Mastery in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
The ability to provide appropriate customer service, both internally and externally, is a material part of the job.
Ability to develop and lead team members through training and mentoring. Desire to serve as a conduit to the firm’s strategic initiatives through communication with team members.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid driver’s license required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk and stand. Vision requirements mirror those required by the state for a driver’s license.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
The travel demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Travel requirements are related to business opportunities with respect to frequency and scope. Travel may be up to 25% of the time. In addition, employee must acknowledge travel requirements may rely on short lead times.