- About Us
- Our Clients
- Valuation & Transactions
- Strategy & Advisory
- Coding & Compliance
- Healthcare Sectors
- Ambulatory Surgery Centers
- Behavioral Health
- Hospital-Based Medicine
- Imaging & Radiology
- Medical Device & Life Sciences
- Medical Transport
- Physician Practices
- Post-Acute Care
- Risk-Bearing Organizations & Health Plans
- Telehealth & Healthcare IT
- Urgent Care & Free Standing EDs
- Contact Us
Financial Due Diligence Services Director
VMG Health is seeking a Financial Due Diligence Director for our expanding Financial Due Diligence practice in either Chicago, Denver, or Minneapolis. Directors at VMG Health effectively leverage and manage all members of their team on a variety of healthcare engagements. Primary responsibilities include sourcing, scoping, and managing due diligence engagements; executing deliverables; maintaining existing client relationships; forming new client relationships; communication of project status to team members; and development and training of the team internally.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future.
Required Education & Experience
- A minimum of 8 years of experience with a Big Four or a national consulting firm with at least 4 years of experience in performing M&A/Transaction Advisory Services.
- Prior experience in the healthcare industry required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting from an accredited college/university.
- CPA certification required.
- Having an existing book-of-business/client base is a plus but not required.
Key Skills & Abilities
- Strong current knowledge in U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), current audit and accounting concepts, mergers and acquisitions, and transaction services.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Extensive analytical and project management skills, including the ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Results oriented with a strong track record of developing creative approaches and the solutions necessary to resolve complex problems.
- Superior attention to detail.
- Willingness to travel as needed.
- Properly scope all engagements from a size, schedule, and cost perspective to ensure a profitable engagement.
- Lead in buy-side and sell-side pre-transaction financial due diligence engagements, providing financial due diligence assistance and advisory services to publicly traded healthcare companies, large health systems, private equity investors, and investment banks across the U.S.
- Ensure engagements are on schedule, provide timely status updates, and ensure status documents are updated.
- Lead / manage business development activities.
- Develop and implement effective engagement communication to clients and ensure compliance by all team members.
- Demonstrate and maintain a high level of understanding and competence across numerous healthcare segments.
- Provide insight and direction to team members and the firm by participating with supervisors in training related to areas of expertise.
- Provide guidance to overall analysis and approach on each engagement as necessary to both clients and staff.
- Effectively communicate with clients throughout the engagement process, ultimately resulting with the explanation of opinion/results of the engagement.
- Demonstrate effective administrative practices in terms of expense management and billing for services.
- Manage and develop team members.
- Understand all services offered by VMG and effectively communicate such services to clients to result in new business opportunities.
The base salary range for this position is $180,000-$280,000, dependent upon skills and experience.
What Will Set You Apart (Soft Skills/Fun Environment)
Formed in 1995, VMG Health is a full-service healthcare transaction advisory and valuation firm focused exclusively on meeting the unique needs of the healthcare services industry. Over its 20-year history, VMG Health has performed over 25,000 valuation engagements. With offices in Dallas, Nashville, and Denver, VMG Health is a team of approximately 300 professionals specializing in specific disciplines to assist clients with their healthcare related business transaction needs, including:
- Fair Market Value Opinions
- Professional Service Agreement Valuations
- Financial Reporting Valuations
- Fairness Opinions
- Real Estate Appraisals
- Capital Asset Appraisals
- Due Diligence Services