- About Us
- Our Clients
- Valuation & Transactions
- Strategy & Advisory
- Coding & Compliance
- Healthcare Sectors
- Ambulatory Surgery Centers
- Behavioral Health
- Hospital-Based Medicine
- Imaging & Radiology
- Medical Device & Life Sciences
- Medical Transport
- Physician Practices
- Post-Acute Care
- Risk-Bearing Organizations & Health Plans
- Telehealth & Healthcare IT
- Urgent Care & Free Standing EDs
- Contact Us
Litigation Services Senior Analyst/Manager
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
LIGITATION SERVICES SENIOR ANALYST/MANAGER
Valuation and Business Modeling; Lost Profits and Diminution of Value
The Dallas office of VMG Health is currently seeking a Litigation Services Senior Analyst or Manager for its growing Litigation & Dispute Services Group. The candidate should have 2-4 years of litigation analyst experience, preferably for healthcare engagements (but not required). Qualified candidates will view themselves as having strong teamwork and technical financial analysis skills, strong excel skills, strong attention to detail, excellent project management skills, strong writing and verbal skills, as well as a sense of urgency and drive to help the firm serve its clients.
Senior analysts at VMG Health are expected to work closely with all members of their team and its clients and their advisors on a variety of healthcare engagements. Primary responsibilities include data collection and analysis, financial analysis, financial modeling, financial due diligence, report writing, supporting manager, directors, and managing directors as well as mentoring first and second-year analysts.
Essential duties include the following:
- Gather information and data such as, but not limited to, financial statements, earnings reports, legal documents and contracts, operational reports and any other data or information necessary to perform the requested analysis and reports for clients. Responsible for ensuring clients do not provide any data that is governed by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, (HIPAA) and immediately informing the client of the receipt of such data and destroying it.
- Keep projects running on schedule by analyzing the data immediately to determine if adequate and usable to perform the requested analysis. Coordinate communications with the client regarding information requested and received.
- Perform various financial analyses, financial models, due diligence and report writing, including lost profits analysis and business valuations. Assist in preparing expert reports and performing rebuttal analysis. Review own work and that of teammates to ensure high quality of work product.
- Strong attention to detail is required.
- Strong customer relationship skills are required.
- Strong teamwork skills are required.
- Ensure proper and thorough documentation of data, information and project-specific nuances, particularly for litigation engagements.
- Strong excel and financial modeling skills are required.
- Be available for calls and meetings as necessary and determined by supervisors.
- Keep projects and deliverables on time and on schedule as established with the client. Immediately inform supervisor if circumstances arise to impede or jeopardize timelines.
- Actively pursue continuing education and certifications such as CFA, American Society of Appraisers, Certified Public Accounting, etc.
- Coordinate with the research and marketing departments to co-author at least two articles or presentations annually with a manager, director, or managing director.
- This is a full-time position Monday – Friday at a minimum of 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Work is expected to be primarily performed at the VMG Dallas office; flexible work arrangements may be permitted if approved in advance by your supervisor.
- The candidate must have strong project management skills and the ability to work on multiple engagements. The candidate will also be involved in training and reviewing the work and communication of the first- and second-year analysts.
Required Education & Skills
- 2-4 years of litigation support analysis, including lost profits and business valuation experience with a Big Four or other accounting firm, or with a litigation support or valuation firm. Experience in healthcare valuation is preferred but not required. Experience with testifying is a plus.
- Bachelor of Business Administration with course work in Accounting and Finance and or Master’s in Business Administration, Finance, or Accounting.
- CPA/ABV, CFA, CVA, or ASA designation is strongly preferred.
- Experience conducting complex quantitative and qualitative financial analysis and the ability to generate data-driven insights.
- Experience with discounted cash flow models and lost profits analysis.
- Very strong attention to detail.
- Strong report writing skills; experience in drafting expert reports and rebuttal reports is a plus.
- Ability to work autonomously, meet tight deadlines, and thrive in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities.
- Highly motivated, ambitious individual with a strong desire to contribute to our growing litigation services group.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, both internally with superiors and externally in client-facing interactions.
- Results-oriented with a strong track record of developing creative approaches and the solutions necessary to resolve complex problems.
- Willingness to travel as needed.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future.
About the Firm
Formed in 1995, VMG Health is a full-service healthcare transaction advisory and valuation firm focused exclusively on meeting the unique needs of the healthcare services industry. Over its 25-year history, VMG Health has performed over 35,000 valuation engagements and has grown to over 200 professionals, specializing in specific disciplines to assist clients with their healthcare-related business transaction needs, including:
- Business Valuation & Transaction Advisory Services
- Strategic Decision Support
- Litigation & Dispute Resolution
- Capital Asset Appraisals
- Financial Due Diligence/Quality of Earnings
- Compensation & Value-Based Arrangements
- Management & Other Service Agreements
- Real Estate Appraisals
- Coding, Compliance, & Reimbursement Services
- Operational Excellence
Many of our valuation professionals are credentialed by the following well-respected organizations:
- The CFA Institute: Chartered Financial Analyst (“CFA”)
- Texas State Board of Public Accountancy: Certified Public Accountant (“CPA”)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants: Accredited in Business Valuations (“ABV”)
- American Society of Appraisers: Accredited Senior Appraiser (“ASA”)
- The National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts: Certified Valuation Analyst (“CVA”)
- Appraisal Institute: Member, Appraisal Institute Real Estate Appraisers (“MAI”)
For additional information on VMG Health, please visit our website at www.vmghealth.com or email Ashley Pugh at firstname.lastname@example.org.