- About Us
- Our Clients
- Valuation & Transactions
- Strategy & Advisory
- Coding & Compliance
- Healthcare Sectors
- Ambulatory Surgery Centers
- Behavioral Health
- Hospital-Based Medicine
- Imaging & Radiology
- Medical Device & Life Sciences
- Medical Transport
- Physician Practices
- Post-Acute Care
- Risk-Bearing Organizations & Health Plans
- Telehealth & Healthcare IT
- Urgent Care & Free Standing EDs
- Contact Us
Managed Care Strategy/Strategic Advisory Services Manager
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to Ashley Pugh at firstname.lastname@example.org.
VMG Health, founded in 1995, is a high-growth professional services firm that specializes in financial, operational, and strategic consulting for the healthcare industry. Attracting, developing, and retaining exceptional talent is core to VMG Health’s mission and success.
This is an opportunity to join a growing, nationally recognized firm that offers a unique understanding of the relationships, requirements, and business issues that surround today’s healthcare companies. You will be working with national industry experts while having exceptional growth and upward advancement potential.
VMG Health is seeking a Manager candidate to help structure and grow an emerging consulting practice within managed care strategic advisory services (SAS). The current team consists of a Managing Director and Senior Consultant who are serving physician practices, health systems, and portfolio companies. Services provided include payer strategy development, yield analytics and modeling, negotiation of terms and conditions, and other industry research. This is an excellent opportunity for the right professional who is interested in building a best-in-class advisory team while also having an influence on the team’s growth and strategic direction.
- Lead a portfolio of client engagements with responsibility for scoping, structuring analyses, and development and delivery of recommendations.
- Play a key role in revenue growth and new client development, both individually and in collaboration with other VMG Health leaders.
- Serve as a subject matter expert providing exceptional technical insights and recommendations; represent VMG Health as a thought leader within industry associations and publications.
- Build and develop a high-performing team; coach and mentor others.
- Refine and develop tools, models, and other structures to create efficiencies and consistencies in deliverables.
- Be a positive leader within VMG Health and contribute to the firm’s culture and long-term success.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, or a related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- 5 years of relevant managed care experience, including structuring analyses and negotiating directly with payers.
- 3 years of experience working in a professional services firm with a proven history of:
- Managing the development of deliverables across multiple projects to ensure final products meet or exceed organizational and client expectations.
- Managing all aspects of client engagements from scope definition to delivery with ultimate responsibility for project content and strategy; ensuring profitable and successful execution of consulting engagements as measured by project goals, budget, and client satisfaction.
- Superior communication skills, both oral and written. Ability to present ideas in a business-friendly language and tailor communications, formal or informal, to the audience. Ability to build consensus both internally and externally.
- Client-oriented work ethic and excellent people skills. Ability to build and manage relationships with key clients to ensure the success of each engagement.
- Excellent collaboration and team orientation skills. The ability and strong desire to mentor, provide professional guidance, and develop a strong team.
- Demonstrated record of achievement in developing business and selling engagements.
- Demonstrated ability to recruit and develop outstanding talent.
- Must be authorized to live and work permanently in the United States without sponsorship.
About the Firm
Formed in 1995, VMG Health is a full-service healthcare transaction advisory and valuation firm focused exclusively on meeting the unique needs of the healthcare services industry. Over its 25-year history, VMG Health has performed over 35,000 valuation engagements and has grown to over 200 professionals, specializing in specific disciplines to assist clients with their healthcare-related business transaction needs, including:
- Business Valuation & Transaction Advisory Services
- Strategic Decision Support
- Litigation & Dispute Resolution
- Capital Asset Appraisals
- Financial Due Diligence/Quality of Earnings
- Compensation & Value-Based Arrangements
- Management & Other Service Agreements
- Real Estate Appraisals
- Coding, Compliance, & Reimbursement Services
- Operational Excellence
For additional information on VMG Health, please visit our website at www.vmghealth.com or email Ashley Pugh at email@example.com.