- About Us
- Our Clients
- Valuation & Transactions
- Strategy & Advisory
- Coding & Compliance
- Thought Leadership
- Healthcare Sectors
- Ambulatory Surgery Centers
- Behavioral Health
- Hospital-Based Medicine
- Imaging & Radiology
- Medical Device & Life Sciences
- Medical Transport
- Physician Practices
- Post-Acute Care
- Risk-Bearing Organizations & Health Plans
- Telehealth & Healthcare IT
- Urgent Care & Free Standing EDs
- Contact Us
Physician Compensation Design and Strategy Analyst/Senior Analyst
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
VMG Health is expanding, and we are looking for a motivated Analyst or Senior Analyst to work within our Physician Compensation Design and Strategic Advisory Services division in our Minneapolis office.
VMG Health is a leading provider of strategy and transaction advisory services to the healthcare industry and is widely recognized as an industry leader in value-based physician compensation model design. The firm has also been recognized by top healthcare providers and investors as the most trusted valuation and transaction advisor in the United States.
Our Strategic Advisory Services team partners with our clients to help create perspective about their important strategic business issues and opportunities, and in doing so provides exceptional service, innovative solutions, and demonstrated results for our clients.
Within the Strategic Advisory Services division, the compensation design team is highly specialized and is routinely asked by clients to consult on the most challenging and complex physician compensation arrangements, including incentives for value-based care and shared savings arrangements as well as stacked compensation models. In this role, you will be at the forefront of value-based compensation design, helping organizations design and analyze incentive programs to move the healthcare industry from volume to value.
This is an opportunity to join a growing, nationally recognized firm that offers a unique understanding of the relationships, requirements, and business issues that surround today’s healthcare companies. You will be working with national industry experts in a firm that values life-work balance, while having exceptional growth and upward advancement potential.
- Collect client information and data such as, but not limited to, financial statements, earnings reports, contracts, operational reports and any other data or information required to thoroughly provide the contracted product to the client.
- Perform various financial analyses and modeling, due diligence, report writing, and other analytical tasks as needed. Review own work and that of teammates to ensure quality of product.
- Participate in client calls and site visits as necessary and determined by supervisors.
- Keep all team members informed of project progress and keep all projects and deliverables on the time schedule established with the client. Immediately inform supervisor if circumstances arise to impede or jeopardize that timeline.
- For Senior Analysts, oversee Analyst workload and progression, including project timeline management and client communication.
- Actively pursue continuing education and certifications such as Certified Financial Analyst (CFA), American Society of Appraisers (ASA), Certified Public Accounting (CPA), Certified Valuation Analyst (CVA), etc.
- Participate in authoring or co-authoring articles and/or presentations on compensation arrangements.
- Desire to become a thought leader within the industry by helping to author white papers and/or speeches to be presented at key industry conferences.
Required Education and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in business, healthcare, or finance from an accredited college or university
- Strong analytical and project management skills
- Self-confidence, strong communication skills, and ability to interact with both senior management teams and support staff from client organizations
- Demonstrated leadership and initiative
- Intellectual curiosity and interest in health care as an industry
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products, particularly in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to always maintain a professional attitude
- For senior analyst position, experience with and knowledge of physician and advanced practice provider (APP) compensation arrangements is preferred