Revenue Consulting & Analytics Analyst
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
VMG Health is currently seeking an experienced Revenue Consulting Analyst to join our Revenue Consulting & Analytics (RCA) team in the Dallas office. Qualified candidates will have superior leadership and technical skills, strong attention to detail, excellent project management and communication skills, as well as a sense of urgency and drive to help the company service its clients.
Revenue Consulting Analysts support their internal team members on a variety of healthcare engagements. Primary responsibilities include data collection and analysis, payor contract modeling, due diligence, report writing, and supporting senior team members. The environment at VMG Health is very team-based with a strong corporate culture. The position requires an ability to work efficiently, take on a great deal of responsibility quickly and manage multiple tasks at once. Each employee at VMG Health is expected to help grow the business and collaborate in a team-based environment; creativity and new ideas are strongly encouraged.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Review, test, and analyze large utilization data sets from healthcare facilities.
- Read and interpret managed care contract terms, payment logic, and hierarchies.
- Oversee and prepare complex financial models utilizing Microsoft Excel and other database software systems.
- Clearly summarize implications and results of contract provisions, rate structures, and payer policies to management.
- Development of exhibits and narrative reports outlining our analysis process, the analysis results, and implications on the transaction.
- Daily verbal and written communication with managed care and business intelligence personnel.
- Research and develop workpapers outlining reimbursement updates and changes from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
- Understanding of contract language and managed care contract modeling preferred.
- Strong analytical skills; exceptional attention to detail and demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks to ensure accuracy and timely completion.
- Investigational and analytical skills with a proven ability to communicate effectively in both written and verbal format with internal and external clients.
- Ability to anticipate obstacles to a goal and initiates appropriate resolution. Takes initiative to identify barriers and opportunities and provides solutions through process and operational improvements.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment or independently, as applicable.
- Strong organization and documentation skills.
- Advanced skills in MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and various database programs.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Data Analytics, Management Information Systems, or related field required.
- Healthcare, insurance, or related industry experience preferred. Strong background in healthcare reimbursement analysis, including an understanding of diagnosis and procedure coding, billing practices, and payment methodologies. Managed care knowledge preferred.
- Must be able to lead and coordinate projects through various complex and challenging situations to completion under time-sensitive deadlines.
- Must take accountability for designated reimbursement modules and systems and must be proficient in readying, interpreting, and formulating complex payment logic and rules.
- Experience conducting complex quantitative and qualitative financial analysis and ability to generate data-driven insights
- Ability to work autonomously, meet tight deadlines, and thrive in a fast paced environment with shifting priorities
- Highly motivated, ambitious individual with a strong desire to contribute to our rapidly growing Revenue Consulting & Analytics service line
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Alteryx.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, both internally with superiors and externally in client facing interactions.
- Results oriented with a strong track record of developing creative approaches and the solutions necessary to resolve complex problems with great attention to detail.
- Willingness to travel as needed.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future.
For additional information, please reference our website or email Kathy Neumuller at email@example.com.