Transaction Advisory Services Manager
Valuation and Business Modeling, Business Valuation, Financial Services
To be considered for this position, please send a resume and cover email to Kathy Neumuller at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Overview: The Dallas office of VMG Health is currently seeking a Transaction Advisory Services Manager with 3-6 years of valuation experience, preferably for healthcare engagements. Experience with litigation engagements and/or testifying is a plus. Qualified candidates will view themselves as having superior leadership and technical skills, excellent project management and communication skills, as well as a sense of urgency and drive to help the company service its clients.
Managers at VMG Health are expected to effectively leverage and manage all members of their team on a variety of healthcare engagements. Primary responsibilities will be sourcing, scoping and managing engagements; executing deliverables; maintaining existing client relationships; forming new client relationships; communication of project status to team members and development and training of the team internally.
Essential duties include the following:
- Properly scope all engagements from a size, schedule, and cost perspective to ensure a profitable engagement.
- Provide timely status updates to all project team members tailoring the information to the respective level (i.e. staff or Director/Managing Director) based on their need.
- Ensure the team project tracking and status documents are updated in a timely fashion.
- Develop and implement effective engagement communication to clients and ensure compliance by all team members.
- Communicate all aspects of engagements with staff members on each of their respective engagements.
- Demonstrate and maintain a high level of understanding and competence across numerous healthcare segments.
- Ensure proper and consistent use of valuation theory in problem-solving complex healthcare arrangements.
- Uphold values of integrity, professionalism, and respect towards all clients, superiors, administrative staff, and subordinates.
- Ensure all engagements are on schedule through setting of internal deadlines and communication with team members including both staff and Director/Managing Director.
- Ensure accuracy in every phase of the valuation process from information receipt and input to client deliverables.
- Provide insight and direction to team members and the firm by participating with supervisors in training or seminars related to areas of expertise.
- Provide guidance to overall analysis and approach on each engagement as necessary to both clients and staff.
- Participate on all calls and site visits as requested by Director/Managing Director.
- Effectively communicate with clients throughout the engagement process ultimately resulting with the explanation of opinion/results of the engagement.
- Demonstrate effective administrative practices in terms of expense management and billing for services.
- Author or co-author one article for publication (internally and/or externally) annually.
- Provide feedback directly to staff and to supervisors to help manage, monitor, and make suggestions on the overall personal development of each team member.
- Proactively promote the elements of VMG’s corporate culture. Define and develop activities that enhance that corporate culture.
- Have a firm understanding of all services offered by VMG and be able to effectively communicate such services to clients that results in new business opportunities.
- Participate in recruiting efforts as needed and make recommendations for hire to the Managing Director(s).
Required Education and/or Experience:
- 3-6 years’ business valuation experience with a Big Four or other accounting firm, or with a valuation firm. Experience in healthcare valuation highly preferred. Experience with Litigation engagements and/or testifying is a plus.
- Bachelor of Business Administration with course work in Accounting and Finance and or Master’s in Business Administration, Finance or Accounting
- CPA/ABV, CFA, CVA, or ASA designation strongly preferred
- Experience conducting complex quantitative and qualitative financial analysis and ability to generate data-driven insights
- Ability to work autonomously, meet tight deadlines, and thrive in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities
- Highly motivated, ambitious individual with a strong desire to contribute to our Business Valuation service line
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, both internally with superiors and externally in client facing interactions
- Results oriented with a strong track record of developing creative approaches and the solutions necessary to resolve complex problems with great attention to detail
- Willingness to travel as needed
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future
About the Firm:
Formed in 1995, VMG is a full-service healthcare transaction advisory and valuation firm focused exclusively on meeting the unique needs of the healthcare services industry. Over its 25-year history, VMG has performed over 30,000 valuation engagements. With offices in Dallas, Nashville, Denver, Chicago, Minneapolis, and New York, VMG is a team of more than 165 valuation professionals specializing in specific disciplines to assist clients with their healthcare related business transaction needs, including:
- Business Valuation & Transaction Advisory Services
- Strategic Decision Support
- Litigation & Dispute Resolution
- Capital Asset Appraisals
- Financial Due Diligence / Quality of Earnings
- Compensation & Value-Based Arrangements
- Management & Other Service Agreements
- Real Estate Appraisals
- Coding, Compliance & Reimbursement Services
- Operational Excellence
Many of our valuation professionals are credentialed by the following well-respected organizations:
- The CFA Institute: Chartered Financial Analyst (“CFA”)
- Texas State Board of Public Accountancy: Certified Public Accountant (“CPA”)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants: Accredited in Business Valuations (“ABV”)
- American Society of Appraisers: Accredited Senior Appraiser (“ASA”)
- The National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts: Certified Valuation Analyst (“CVA”)
- Appraisal Institute: Member, Appraisal Institute Real Estate Appraisers (“MAI”)