- About Us
- Our Clients
- Valuation & Transactions
- Strategy & Advisory
- Coding & Compliance
- Healthcare Sectors
- Ambulatory Surgery Centers
- Behavioral Health
- Hospital-Based Medicine
- Imaging & Radiology
- Medical Device & Life Sciences
- Medical Transport
- Physician Practices
- Post-Acute Care
- Risk-Bearing Organizations & Health Plans
- Telehealth & Healthcare IT
- Urgent Care & Free Standing EDs
- Contact Us
Transaction Advisory Services Senior Analyst
To be considered for this position, please send a resume and cover email to Kathy Neumuller at email@example.com.
Determining the earnings quality of any healthcare business requires both an in-depth knowledge and experience with the critical financial, operational, and legal issues facing the healthcare industry as well as a fundamental understanding of United States Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, or U.S. GAAP. VMG’s unique combination of financial due diligence and healthcare expertise sets us apart, allowing us to offer solutions to our clients’ complex, pre-transaction concerns and provide assistance to drive informed and empowered decisions.
Our Nashville office is currently seeking a Financial Due Diligence Senior Analyst. Qualified candidates will view themselves as having superior leadership and technical skills, excellent project management and communication skills, as well as a sense of urgency and drive to help the company service its clients. The Senior Analyst will work predominantly on quality of earnings projects and may, at times, be asked to assist on a variety of other healthcare engagements, including business and securities valuations, mergers and acquisitions, strategic consulting engagements, and a variety of other services.
Essential duties include the following:
- Participate in buy-side and sell-side pre-transaction quality of earnings engagements, providing financial due diligence assistance and advisory services to publicly traded healthcare companies, large health systems, private equity investors, and investment banks across the U.S.
- Build financial models to analyze and synthesize company data to identify historical and projected financial and operational trends, quality of earnings, working capital considerations, and potential liabilities and underlying risks impacting the target company.
- Interview and follow up with management at target companies to effectively assess and communicate the company’s quality of earnings, net assets, and cash flows.
- Develop comprehensive quality of earnings reports and supporting schedules.
Required Education and/or Experience:
- 1-3 years’ experience performing quality of earnings and other financial advisory (e.g., valuation) engagements with a Big Four or other large, reputable public accounting firm.
- Bachelors’ degree in Accounting from an accredited college/university or CPA eligible; licensed CPA/equivalent certification is preferred.
- Demonstrates proven knowledge and success with resolving issues in technical accounting areas such as U.S. GAAP and SEC reporting; an understanding of the healthcare industry and current regulatory environment is preferred.
- Experience conducting complex quantitative and qualitative financial analysis and ability to generate data-driven insights.
- Ability to work autonomously, meet tight deadlines, and thrive in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities.
- Highly motivated, ambitious individual with a strong desire to contribute to our rapidly growing Financial Due Diligence service line.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint; competence in QuickBooks preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, both internally with superiors and externally in client-facing interactions.
- Results-oriented with a strong track record of developing creative approaches and the solutions necessary to resolve complex problems with great attention to detail.
- Willingness to travel as needed.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future
About the Firm:
Formed in 1995, VMG is a full-service healthcare transaction advisory and valuation firm focused exclusively on meeting the unique needs of the healthcare services industry. Over its 25-year history, VMG has performed over 35,000 valuation engagements and has grown to over 170 professionals, specializing in specific disciplines to assist clients with their healthcare related business transaction needs, including:
- Business Valuation & Transaction Advisory Services
- Strategic Decision Support
- Litigation & Dispute Resolution
- Capital Asset Appraisals
- Financial Due Diligence / Quality of Earnings
- Compensation & Value-Based Arrangements
- Management & Other Service Agreements
- Real Estate Appraisals
- Coding, Compliance & Reimbursement Services
- Operational Excellence
Many of our valuation professionals are credentialed by the following well-respected organizations:
- The CFA Institute: Chartered Financial Analyst (“CFA”)
- Texas State Board of Public Accountancy: Certified Public Accountant (“CPA”)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants: Accredited in Business Valuations (“ABV”)
- American Society of Appraisers: Accredited Senior Appraiser (“ASA”)
- The National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts: Certified Valuation Analyst (“CVA”)
- Appraisal Institute: Member, Appraisal Institute Real Estate Appraisers (“MAI”)