CAPITAL ASSET VALUATION
Capital assets and major moveable equipment continue to be a significant investment for all healthcare organizations. From acquisitions and divestitures to financial reporting requirements and property records management, valuation needs continue to arise. Our nationwide network of healthcare clients relies upon our valuation services to assist with:
- Fair Market Value Opinions to assist clients with compliance and financial planning purposes for acquisitions, mergers and divestitures.
- Financial Reporting to assist clients with financial reporting requirements that arise from business combinations, including ASC 805 Business Combinations, ASC 958 for not-for-profit entities, under the Fair Value Definition contained in ASC 820, impairment testing as required by ASC 350 Intangibles – Goodwill and Others, ASC 360 Long-Lived Asset Impairment and International Financial Reporting Standards 13 (IFRS 13) / International Accounting Standards 16 (IAS 16).
- Lease Transaction Valuation to assist clients with assessing the benefits of and lease term structures for leasing arrangements and meeting compliance requirements under Stark Section § 411.357.
- Property Tax Valuation to assist clients in managing state and local property tax expenses through Fair Market Value analyses.
- Property Records Management to assist clients with data integrity and fixed asset record management through fixed asset inventory, tagging and reconciliation services to meet requirements associated with financial reporting, internal management requirements and operations and federal and state tax purposes.
- Insurable Replacement Cost New Valuation to assist clients in assessing insurance policies through determination of replacement value.
VMG Health’s capital asset services team, with over 25 years of experience have a detailed understanding of major movable equipment and the market dynamics that can impact value. Our expert asset valuation and consulting services are designed to address the issues that healthcare organizations face, including capital asset appraisals associated with:
- Hospitals, (acute care, critical access, long-term, specialty, rehabilitation, micro)
- Medical Office Timeshares (MOTs)
- Physician Organizations
- Outpatient facilities (oncology, proton therapy, imaging, dialysis, ASCs, labs)
- Skilled Nursing and Senior Living Facilities