- About Us
- Our Clients
- Valuation & Transactions
- Strategy & Advisory
- Coding & Compliance
- Healthcare Sectors
- Ambulatory Surgery Centers
- Behavioral Health
- Hospital-Based Medicine
- Imaging & Radiology
- Medical Device & Life Sciences
- Medical Transport
- Physician Practices
- Post-Acute Care
- Risk-Bearing Organizations & Health Plans
- Telehealth & Healthcare IT
- Urgent Care & Free Standing EDs
- Contact Us
Healthcare Capital Asset Valuation
VMG Health’s Capital Asset Valuation expertise expands 40 years of healthcare valuation experience and thousands of fixed asset valuations totaling over $2 billion in appraised value. Our global network of healthcare clients relies upon our services and valuation opinions related to specific Capital Asset Valuation assignments or joint assignments including Real Estate Valuation and/or Business Valuation. Our team is accustomed to working with other valuation disciplines to provide seamless solutions to our clients.
The Capital Asset team has extensive experience providing expert advisory services to address all fixed asset financial assessments faced by healthcare organizations in today’s environment, including:
- Fair Market Value – For all healthcare sectors, Capital Assets present a diverse capital investment and consideration when evaluating potential acquisitions, mergers, divestitures, and asset transfers. Either as a standalone asset or a component of a larger transaction, expert Capital Asset fair market value opinions assist in meeting compliance, financial planning, and other due diligence requirements.
- Financial Reporting – VMG’s Capital Asset Team combines Big 4 backgrounds and a deep understanding of fixed asset audit requirements to assist healthcare clients in their financial reporting activities. Our vast experience with equipment and tangible asset financial reporting allows us to quickly evaluate materiality and execute an appropriate scope of work.
- Equipment Lease Transaction – Capital Asset lease analyses and fair market value rental rate opinions assist clients with lease transactions, capital equipment financing solutions, and assessing lease term structures for medical equipment leasing arrangements under Stark Section § 411.357.
- Insurable Replacement Cost New – Significant financial risk is present when a healthcare business is in an under or over insured position. VMG’s Capital Asset Valuation services, often joined with our Real Estate Valuation services, assist clients in mitigating shortfalls in insurance coverage or reducing insurance premiums. Risk reduction is captured by accurately determining insurable value that is reflective of today’s market dynamics.
- Liquidation Valuation – Our expert Capital Asset liquidation opinions are used by healthcare clients and financial institutions to establish and resolve financial planning and strategy related to distressed transactions, shuttered healthcare facilities, forced liquidations, and loan collateralizations resulting from bankruptcy.
- Useful Life/Depreciable Life Analysis – Fixed Asset Life analyses uncover depreciation advantages through fixed asset componentization, improve financial planning related to capital expenditures (CapEx), and may reduce non-cash depreciation charges impacting bond ratings of not-for-profit health systems.
- Fixed Asset Management – VMG Health’s Fixed Asset Management services provide solutions to improve fixed asset accounting controls, achieve financial reporting requirements, achieve internal management and operations planning, and maximize inventory management planning for biomedical and clinical engineering departments. General services include physical inventory procedures, fixed asset verification and tagging, fixed asset ledger reconciliation, and general major movable equipment inspection.
VMG Health’s Capital Asset Valuation Division has experience with valuing asset types in every healthcare sector throughout the United States, and our advisory services cover everything from compliance to consulting needs.
Recent experience with VMG representatives who have promptly assisted us and delivered assessments in a timely manner. We have used VMG for a range of services, including onsite property valuation. Every person we have worked with has represented VMG in a professional, accurate, and thorough manner.
VP, Physician Org, Revenue Cycle, and Clinic Operations, Non-Profit, Acute Care Community Hospital, Texas