- About Us
- Our Clients
- Valuation & Transactions
- Strategy & Advisory
- Coding & Compliance
- Healthcare Sectors
- Ambulatory Surgery Centers
- Behavioral Health
- Hospital-Based Medicine
- Imaging & Radiology
- Medical Device & Life Sciences
- Medical Transport
- Physician Practices
- Post-Acute Care
- Risk-Bearing Organizations & Health Plans
- Telehealth & Healthcare IT
- Urgent Care & Free Standing EDs
- Contact Us
The pharmacy industry is complex and includes consumer-driven retail, specialty pharmacies, and various intermediaries, such as pharmacy benefits managers. Although the industry is highly concentrated with a few national retail providers there are numerous independent retail pharmacies that continue to operate.
Valuation & Transactions
Fair market value opinions serve a critical role in healthcare transactions and partnerships. VMG Health understands unique regulatory challenges and pharmacy industry dynamics to move your transaction forward, whether it be an acquisition or sale of pharmacy assets.
Strategy & Advisory
Increasingly, health systems and managed care organizations have focused on a vertical integration strategy given the outsized impact of pharmaceutical spending on health plan performance and health system quality metrics (e.g., medication compliance). VMG Health can assist management teams with the development of a pharmacy strategy as health systems continue to review the value of an integrated delivery model.
Coding & Compliance
Simply having a compliance program document is not enough. Regulatory authorities expect employees of healthcare organizations to be trained on and fully understand its compliance policies. VMG Health has professionals who can help ensure your compliance program is clearly laid out and properly communicated across your organization.
- VMG Health was engaged by a health system client to quantify the system benefit attributable to the wholly-owned outpatient pharmacy operation for purposes of Board education. Consideration was given to the benefits provided to the system for medication adherence (and impact on readmission rates), cost of prescriptions for self-insured employees, specialty pharmacy impact, and the 340(b) program.
- Provided fair market value services to a health system contemplating the divesture of its retail pharmacy business to a national operator.